1. Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register to receive information, a newsletter etc or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- We collect information about you when you engage us for estate planning/legal services. This information will relate to your personal and financial circumstances. It may also include special categories of personal data such as data about your health, if this is necessary for the provision of our services.
- We may need to gather personal information about your close family members and dependants in order to provide our service to you effectively. In such cases it will be your responsibility to ensure that you have the consent of the people concerned to pass their information on to us.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers.
Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by use to analyse how visitors to www.thesecurewillco.co.uk interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop this website and make it a better experience for our visitors.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
3. Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- Further, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
4. Storing Your Personal Data
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- During the course of our relationship with you we will retain personal date which is necessary to provide services to you. We will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data up to date throughout our relationship.
- We reserve the right to retain data for as long as is required thereafter, where we believe it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- You have the right to request deletion of your personal data. We will comply with this request, subject to the restrictions of our regulatory obligations and legitimate interests as noted above.
5. Disclosing Your Information
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
- In order to deliver our services to you effectively, we may send your details to third parties such as those that we engage for professional compliance, accountancy or legal services.
- Where it is necessary to send your personal data to third parties to comply with the contract we confirm that these third parties will have confirmed their compliance with the GDPR.
- Where it is necessary for your personal data to be forwarded to a third party we will use appropriate security measures to protect your persona data in transit.
- To fulfil our obligations in respect of prevention of money-laundering and other financial crime we may send your details to third party agencies for identity verification purposes.
6. Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
7. Access To Information
Your rights under The Data Protection Act 1998 are as follows:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Please note that you have the right to request the above, however, when we receive your request we may object to your request if we do not agree with it. We will however inform you if the request has been granted or not.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please contact us using the contact details below or contact our Data Protection Officer Debbie Kirk on [email protected].
You will be required to complete a Subject Access Request form and provide us with proof of your identity in order for us to comply with your request and depending on the work involved a charge might be made.
We have an obligation to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please ask us to correct or remove any information that you think is incorrect.
From time to time we may need to contact you in regards to changes in legislation in order to ensure that your estate planning/legal services remain effective.
If you consent we may also email you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you. If you have agreed to receive marketing information, you may opt out a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection. In the UK this is Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
If you want to know more about what we do, please call us on: 01302 884680 or you can contact us online.
Society of Will Writers
We are members of the The Society of Will Writers.