Estate Protection Trust Wills
Trust Wills are most commonly offered to protect one partner’s nil rate band, thus avoiding inheritance tax.
Many people feel that Trust Wills are now invalid, as, since October 2007, a widow(er) maintains the nil rate band of their deceased spouse.
The Trust Will, however, offers many other important advantages:
- Protecting against care fees
- Protecting against children from being disinherited by a step-parent
- Protecting your legacy from getting eaten up by a divorce settlement
- Controlling a legacy after your death (gifts with strings)
- Avoiding legacies being gobbled by debt
- Preventing your estate passing to a new spouse
If you want to know more about what we do, please call us on: 01302 884680 or you can contact us online.
Society of Will Writers
We are members of the The Society of Will Writers.